Far More Important Than Talent

• 18
einstein-formule-tableau

Far More Important Than Talent

Every now and then I’ll get a compliment on my online abilities and it always throws me for a loop. einstein-formule-tableau

Not because I don’t think I’m pretty darn good and know quite a bit that could put recruits in your organization and money in your pocket, but because of how it’s said.

Once when I was instructing someone on a portion of their marketing and on the spot they called me a “genius.”

To that person, my spur of the moment advice was genius. But to me, on the other end of the phone, it was far from it.

It was simply experience and the ability to translate that experience into simple ideas that would help move that person forward.

The question is, how?

It ain’t talent.

It’s something far more important, far more powerful, and NOT in short supply.

It’s the simple willingness to practice.

Sure, I may be able to put together systems from concept to real live results bringing physical form in weeks.

Sure, I know how and where to get more leads in a day than most can get in a month or several months, but . . .

It’s not talent.

It’s simply practice.

It’s just falling. Getting up. Falling. Getting up. Falling. Getting up. . .

And that’s something anyone can do, but the harsh reality is that most people want rewards without effort.

They need to see the fruits of their labor without work.

If you need someone to send you a check before you earn it you’ll be needing it forever.

Forget about talent. Forget about what you don’t have. Forget about how good someone else may seem to be.

None of that matters. All it takes is having the intestinal fortitude to get started and not stop till you’re there.

Fall down. Scrape your knee. Get up and start going again.

Far more important than talent is drive and the willingness to practice what you so choose to master.

You do this and one day people will call you genius. Never thought it would happen to me, but here I am.
Now..

Let’s hear some of YOUR thoughts on this..

Do you have a talent that some would consider you a “master” at? How much practice was involved in mastering this skill?

AND one more thing..

If you know a friend or anyone who lacks time management skills, please share this blog post with them!

Also, if you enjoyed this article, make sure you subscribe to my newsletter below for more great content like this.

Nate $mith

About Author

nasmith

Nathan Smith – Marketing Trainer and Coach Home Based Business Leadership and Training. What if you could not fail? What if your dream vacation was an everyday part of your life? This can happen....if YOU are willing to Learn the Skills to Make It Happen. Want to learn the skill set to make money from the internet? Then subscribe to my newsletter and drop me a line! Sign up now!

18 Comments

Natalie

August 28, 2013 at 1:03 pm

I think talent plays a role but I agree that talent by itself will not get you very far. Persistence and imagination and action will move your forward much faster than talent. If you also have talent, well that is just a bonus that can make the journey a bit easier but only if you also apply persistence, imagination and action principles consistently. We all have talents it is just that some go unrecognized by us and/or others. There is nothing wrong with talent or acknowledging it just don’t take it for granted and don’t rely on it to get you through the rough spots. And I ttally agree that you will get nowhere comparing yourself to others or brooding over what you “don’t have” or think you don’t have. You see many people think that if you have talent you don’t have to work at something and so if they have to work at it they think they don’t have talent. Not true. Talent does not preclude effort. Be yourself, focus on YOUR strengths and persevere! Cheers!

Super Nate

November 20, 2013 at 10:39 am

Great thoughts and perspective. Thank you for sharing Natalie! Thank you for the kind words! I hope you can come back and find value in my other posts. Please pass them on to whomever you think may be inspired by these articles. Thanks!

Bar Science

August 28, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Talent is really over-rated with regard to athletics because like they say, “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.”

Super Nate

November 20, 2013 at 10:38 am

meenas17

August 28, 2013 at 8:47 pm

A beautiful way to speak about talent.
Thanks for the follow.

Super Nate

November 20, 2013 at 10:38 am

btg5885

August 29, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Well said. The old saying is many people miss opportunity as it is dressed up as hard work. Thanks for following my blog. BTG

Super Nate

November 20, 2013 at 10:38 am

Your welcome for the follow! Keep writing it is great stuff. Thank you for the kind words! I hope you can come back and find value in my other posts. Please pass them on to whomever you think may be inspired by these articles. Thanks!

Neddy

August 29, 2013 at 11:30 pm

We talk about the magnificence and amazement of talent all the time whether it is music, business, leadership, athletics, writing or being artistic but I believe talent is not enough when you sit on the sidewalk and do nothing.
There are folks out there who seem to be born to do a certain thing but their talent does not always transform to success because no action is taken. Potential is wasted all the time.
Identifying you talents with an idea of where you want to go is a great place to start. Put in the hard work and keep up the practice even if you have to make sacrifices along the way. If you want to succeed then practice makes good!
Putting your talents into action is what you want to do, so block out the fear or break down that barrier that is stopping you from moving forward.

Super Nate

November 20, 2013 at 10:37 am

Great feedback and insight my friend. Thank you for the kind words! I hope you can come back and find value in my other posts. Please pass them on to whomever you think may be inspired by these articles. Thanks!

Neddy

August 29, 2013 at 11:31 pm

Thanks for the follow SuperNate!

Super Nate

November 20, 2013 at 10:37 am

arrowone

August 30, 2013 at 2:56 pm

Good stuff, I’d write more but I’m busy getting up from my latest fall :)

Super Nate

November 20, 2013 at 10:35 am

LOL! Thank you for the kind words! I hope you can come back and find value in my other posts. Please pass them on to whomever you think may be inspired by these articles. Thanks!

jimgramze

August 30, 2013 at 10:04 pm

You can’t teach a tone deaf person to sing accurate pitches. You can’t teach a paralyzed person to get up and run a marathon. You can, however, get better at something by spending a lot of time doing it. You gotta pay your dues, true enough.

I have heard a pro golfer say that practice does not make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect. If you do the wrong thing over and over again then you will get very good at doing the wrong thing. One armchair definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result.

Prolonged effort with expert guidance when you have some talent seems the quickest result to mastering something. But if you don’t try at all, that is the quickest way to failure.

Super Nate

November 20, 2013 at 10:34 am

Excellent feedback my friend. I could not agree more.

Kristin Paglialong

August 31, 2013 at 7:47 am

Well stated.
Our desire in life, our “want to”, paired with the commitment of practice with endurance is paramount… Choices and owning our life, indeed…
Thanks for the inspiring read, Nate!

Super Nate

November 20, 2013 at 10:33 am

Thank you Kristin for the very kind words! I hope you come back to read and find value in my other posts. Please pass them on to whomever you think may be inspired by these articles. Also leave your feedback Thanks!

Post A Comment and Let Me Know Your Thoughts!

Create Additional Income!!!

Leverage Online Marketing! Build Your Dream Lifestyle and Business. I will show you how. It does not take Talent or Luck to Earn an Income Online, You just need to Take Action with the Right Guidance. Plug in your name and email below to GET INSTANT ACCESS!

Show Me What To Do!

Your privacy is SAFE

The Real Nate Smith

Mr. Smith

Mr. Smith

What is it I do for fun? I help Sales People (Real Estate, Insurance for example), Business Owners and Network Marketers get more leads, recruit more reps, & become full time in their businesses. You will discover a Marketing System and Lead Generation Platform that can get you ranked on page 1 of Google. You will have access to the most up-to-date, cutting edge training in the entire marketing industry. Learn the skill-set of Facebook PPC, Viral Blogging, SEO and much more. Start earning 100% commissions and skyrocket your monthly income. My Passion is to teach people to earn while they learn so one can achieve their full potential as online entrepreneurs and live the Life by Your Design. Nate Smith is an Marketing Coach/Direct Sales Business Expert whose 17 years experience and currently his team reaches well over 800 people in 26 states doing over a million in business each year.

Personal Links